Day 1 - March 9th: Steve and Dave came with me for a couple of days of filming. We got off to a good start hooking up in our first spot but lost that fish right away. After a few little moves, we had our first fish of the day in the net. Following another bout of on and off fish, we made a run down river and that paid off with steady action. Changing bead color and size were key to a good day for us.
Day 2 - March 10th: We went out with the game plan to move a lot and change colors often on Day One. We found that fish would bite within the first 5 drifts. We stuck with that plan for the first couple of hours on Day Two; but after only 1 fish in the net, we had to adjust and work the deep slow water for 15 to 20 drifts with color changes to get our bites. I think that the 10-degree colder day had something to do with that. We stuck with it all day and landed a handful of nice fish. Over the two days, we landed several nice fish with a good mix of spring fish.
I will be out a lot starting this week so watch for some new pictures and don't wait too long to plan your trip!